I decided to write this here as opposed to flooding everyone's timeline with my favorite Robin Williams movies and thoughts. He was pure comedic genius and, like many people dealt with depression. He had many bouts with substance abuse and eventually gave into his demons. As someone who has dealt with substance abuse issues in my past, it scares me to death that that could have been me had I not chosen/been forced to choose a life of sobriety. I still have days where I'm not super nice to myself, but I have the best friends in the world who will listen to me rant incessantly over whatever minutiae I may be obsessing over at the time without getting too aggravated.
As you will hear said plenty over the next couple of days and weeks, if you or someone you know struggles with depression, seek help. There is nothing wrong with getting help! There is no shame in it! It doesn't make you broken or less than or undesirable. It just makes you human.
It doesn't shock me knowing that Robin Williams suffered from depression. All of my favorite roles of his were dramatic ones. Here's some clips:
What Dreams May Come(do yourself a favor and watch this if you haven't before):
No comments:
Post a Comment