Okay, I would like to first say thank you to all of you who have been involved with my previous incantations and attempts at blogging. I feel as if I have been moderately successful and I have always appreciated the amazingly nice things that you all have said in my direction regarding my writing and the like. It is because of that that I am determined to make this one a more sustainable venture.
What I mean by that is that my last two attempts at blogging have fallen short because I was too focused in my scope. That will definitely come in handy in the future if I decide a career as a writer is what I want, but now there are only so many things I can give you all regarding school and/or running.
So, let's clear this up right now before we get too far into this version of my brain: Yes, I'm still running. Not as much as I was when I started writing, but am still knocking out a few miles a week and looking for that spark and desire to hit me again to train for another full marathon. Also, school is going wonderfully. I finished my first semester back just 2 points shy in one class of straight A's. I made an A in my first summer class and am a week into my second summer class and really starting to enjoy this area of study which I have chosen. I will delve into both topics in more detail moving forward, but this is just the introduction...
So, you may ask, what is the Bachelor Subculture going to be about? Where did the title come from? I'm going to answer the second question first. The Bachelor Subculture, as I have gathered, refers to the time in the mid-1800s right after the Civil War ended when young, single men returned home to start lives of their own. Many of them moved to or lived previously in big cities at the time like New York, Boston, Philadelphia, etc and many of them moved to certain areas of these cities to start lives of their own after the war with all of their extra free time. The men started hanging out in groups at pubs, early style gyms, and the like and the Bachelor Subculture was born in America.
For more information, follow these links: http://historyroll.com/?p=277
http://www.firstthings.com/article/2007/01/the-age-of-the-bachelor-creating-an-american-subculture-35
The answer to the first question is much easier to answer. The Bachelor Subculture blog will be one about any and everything that pops into my brain. Somedays it will be sports related, it will contain movie and music info, and sometimes it may just be clearing out the cobwebs with some scattershooting. The reason I chose the name "Bachelor Subculture" is not because I view myself as a quintessential bachelor or that I want to be a bachelor forever, it just seemed cool. When it was brought up in class, my professor said that she had a grad student once that said it would be a cool name for a softball team and I thought it would be a cool name for a blog.
With the scope being broadened out to infinity, you can expect a lot more updates from me so be prepared and thanks again for all of the love and support.
Until tomorrow...
Welcome again to blogging. I like the idea. But do the married guys get to hang out as well?
ReplyDelete