"So," you ask yourself, "what does a fun, handsome, intelligent, and interesting guy do on a Friday night?" Well, hold onto your britches because I have a story for you!!
Ah, who am I kidding?! I am sitting here updating my blog after watching a disappointing Rangers game, swinging by a going away party for a friend and grabbing a bite to eat. I have also crushed some candies, put together a pretty extensive list of books to read in the near future, put together a time management spreadsheet and sales planning guide for August, and crushed some more candies!
It's almost time for bed, too. Actually, it's past my bedtime. Getting up at 5:20 every morning has a tendency to make you sleepy by 11.
Had you told "2 years ago Jeff" that he would be headed to bed at 11 on a Friday night, he would have probably laughed in your face but been excited for you at the same time. What's funny, though, is that all of those years spent up all night servicing the party animals of North Austin have really put a damper on having a Friday night off. I mean, I don't know what goes on on Friday nights, save special events like concerts or something like that and, honestly, after spending the better part of 16 years working Friday nights, I quite enjoy the time in.
I have also done a bit of thinking, planning and strategizing about this today, too. Here's my plan:
I have a few major areas of interest in my life, Music, Movies, School, Fitness and Sports. Pretty typical, right? So what I am going to do with this blog is cover all of those areas. My initial thought structure is to write 5 days a week, Monday through Friday and have a topic assigned to each day, as follows:
Monday: Sports related rambling
Tuesday: Music- could be old or new, could be off the wall or super mainstream, but I want to talk about music
Wednesday: School related- A topic we are discussing or have discussed, or something thought provoking for my "audience"
Thursday: Movies- Same as with music but I have more of a structured plan. I want to do one new release since I generally see a movie a week and at least one older movie, generally something on DVD or Netflix and will definitely take suggestions for what I should watch.
Friday: Something fitness-y
Obviously, there may come a time where there's not a school topic of note or something remarkably fitness related, so those days will turn into more of a scattershooting, clearing out the cobwebs type session.
Well, it's nice to have a plan for this finally and look forward to hitting the ground running Monday morning with some HSOs!
Drink lots of water this weekend and do something nice for someone because the people that are trying to make the world worse aren't taking any days off.
If you are looking to inspirational books, check out Start by Jon Acuff. It really pumped about the possibilities of life. Or "the power of starting something stupid" Another great read if you are looking for inspiration. Not that you need any.
ReplyDelete