Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Training Runs on Pretty Days

Man, today was a good day for running. Such a good day, in fact, that even leaving my socks at home and having to run without them couldn't even get me down.

Things I will recommend: Not waiting until the week of an event to start training. Don't read this the wrong way, I cannot wait to run 13.1 on Saturday! Really and truly can't. I should have probably started knocking the miles out a bit ahead of time, though. It will either be the smartest or dumbest thing I have tried to do in recent memory.

Today's run, though, was phenomenal. Absolutely perfect. Around 82 when I started and sunny sunny sunny. The quintessential "Chamber of Commerce Day". After not running distance regularly in some time, I found today's run to be promising. I was able to maintain a pace of around 9:30 for the entirety of my 4.25 miles and only had to stop a time or two to stretch my left calf which got tight on me.

Obviously it's also recommended to wear socks while running and my feet are letting me know all about it right now, but like I said earlier, even that discomfort couldn't drag down how it felt to run again.

I started really feeling in rhythm around mile three-and-a-half which made closing the run that much more fun, but I honestly almost kept going. I hope race day has the same effect. I normally do start getting my legs under me around mile 3 so it's a challenge for that first quarter, and then I coast home.

Anyway, sorry about the short piece today. I'm just really excited that I made it! Now I have to start setting a playlist and rubbing my legs!


No comments:

Post a Comment