Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New Happenings From the Forty Acres

So, where I left you all last week with my update was by saying that perhaps an advanced degree was in my future because I have been really enjoying the coursework and all that it entails. Putting it in print last week was the first time the thought process truly became something real.

After sitting, thinking, and praying on it over the weekend, I decided to reach out to my professor from this class that I am taking this summer, Dr. Jan Todd, and pick her brain on a few things; namely, whether she thought I would be a good fit for the program - she's in charge so she would know - and what steps I would need to take moving forward to make it happen.

We set a meeting for earlier this afternoon, and, to my surprise, it was she who brought up the idea of me pursuing a Masters degree in Sports Management. She asked if I had considered it and even thought that I'd possibly be able to start the program before finishing this degree I'm working on currently. I told her that was precisely what I wanted to meet with her about and so we talked options moving forward. There are still a lot of things to get down to, and some research-y type stuff to do, but if all goes well, I may be able to start in the spring!

This will be an ongoing story and I will definitely keep you all up-to-date!

As far as this course is going, I made a B+/A on the first paper, A on the second paper, 95 on the test (highest grade in the class!) and just turned in my third paper yesterday.

Looking forward to having you all take this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment